Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Making Banana Pancakes pretend like its the weekend now..."


Even though it really is the weekend...hahh. Anywayssss, this is how I started off 
my sunday morning today. With Ina Garten's Banana Sour Cream Pancakes.
A bunch of my girlfriends spent the night at my house, so I
decided to treat them with a nice, big breakfast this morning.

These pancakes were SO good. I love banana pancakes, and the banana
flavor in them was just amazing. I also wanted an alternative to regular
maple syrup, so I used Joy the Baker's Vanilla-Brown sugar syrup.
"SOOOOO GOOD", explained my half asleep group of friends.
Sadly, I only got to enjoy one of these, cause i'm such a great friend.
But they were definitely completely gone after I served them.
Go make these now!

Banana Sour Cream Pancakes 
 from Ina Garten
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tblsp. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup plus 1 tblsp. milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon zest
butter
2 ripe bananas, diced, plus more for serving
Vanilla Brown Sugar Syrup(recipe below)

Sift together dry ingredients in large bowl. In another bowl, wisk together sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add wet ingredients to dry ones, mixing only until combined. Melt 1 tblsp. butter in large skillet over medium-low heat till it bubbles. Ladle pancake batter into pan to make 3 or 4 pancakes. Put a couple slices of bananas on each pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top and underside is nicely browned. Flip the pancakes, then cook for another minute until browned. Wipe out pan w/ paper towel, add more butter(or pam) and continue cooking till batter is done. Top with bananas, and drizzle with syrup!!
Vanilla Brown Sugar Syrup
from Joy the baker
1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups water
3 tblsp. butter
1/8 tsp salt
1 tblsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine brown sugar, water, butter and salt in a 2 quart sauce pan and bring to boil, stiring until sugar is dissolved. Boil until syrupy and reduced to about 1 1/2 cups, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and vanilla, then let cool to warm or room temp.
Enjoy!

No comments: