Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers day!


For this years Mothers day, the fam and I went down to my aunts, in Newport beach for the day. And I was asked to provide dessert. So I made this Oreo Pound Cake, with Oreo Mousse.
The pound cake recipe, ill have for you later, but I will post this absolutely AMAZING Oreo Mousse topping that I serve, literally, ontop of EVERYTHING. My favorite use for it is on top of ice cream..but it's fantastic on whatever else you'd like!
Oreo Mousse
1 package oreos
1 8oz. pkg cream cheese- softened
1 lg tub cool whip
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Combine cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add whipped cream and stir till combined. Crush oreos in plastic bag. They shouldnt be ground into a powder, chunks are best. Add oreos to cream and mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. This will also frost 30 regular cupcakes, or 1 layered cake.

I also made lemon bars, and my smores bars.
Everything came out great! And my whole family devoured everything!
Hope everyone had an amazing Mothers Day!

Me and my adorable little cousin. Yes, she's a crack up =]

1 comment:

Justin said...

my mom and I had a pretty nice mother's day, but I think some oreo mousse would have made it a LOT better...