I think just the name of these just makes your mouth want to waterrrr. ANYTHING involving peanut butter and chocolate HAS to be good, in my book.
Anyway, it is one of my very good friends birthday today, and we are all going out to dinner tonight, but knowing that her FAVORITE thing in the world was chocolate and peanut butter together, AND that I was totally in the mood to bake something, I decided to whip up these little devils, and give them to her as sort of a PRE-happy birthday treat...(along with the nice big cake we're going to have for dessert tonight) I know, i'm such a great friend!
I got this recipe from the Life in a Peanut Shell blog, and SHE got it from the lovely Bakerella blog, and they seemed like the perfect, quick treat for me to bake for my PB obsessed friend, Jordan.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcake Bites:
1 box Duncan hines chocolate fudge brownie mix
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
30 mini reeses cups
1 box mini muffin liners
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. please liners in mini muffin tins
3. mix brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil
4. stir until well blended
5. fill each liner with 2 tbls. of batter
6. bake at 350 for 10 minutes and remove from oven
7. gently push 1 reeses cup into center of each brownie bite until it is even with the surface of the batter
8. put back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes longer
9. cool 5-10 minutes in pan, then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
YUM...these turned out great! I'll definitely be making this again.