Sunday, January 4, 2009

Banana Banana Bread


I had 6 insanely ripe bananas sitting on my counter today, and my mom told me I should do something with them or she was going to just throw them away.
Well, you don't just throw away ripe bananas!
So I came across this recipe on the Allrecipes website and it had 3,522 reviews ALL say how absolutely AMAZING this banana bread was. Of course I had to try it out.
I'm happy to say those 3,522 people were so right! This really was the best banana bread recipe.
Although, this really isn't a dessert, but more of a breakfast bread cause of basic and not as sweet it is compared to a banana "cake". I really recommend trying this.

2 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (aprox. 5-6 bananas)

preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, stir just to moisten. Pour batter into pan.

Bake in oven for 60-65 min. or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
DEVOUR. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love banana bread. Your loaf looks great! I just read a recipe for using banana bread for French toast. It could be a disaster or it could be heaven on earth.

Passionate Baker said...

yeaaah...i've seen that before, looks like it'd be totally amazinggg !
but what i loove for dessert when i;m in the mood, is banana bread pudding...ahhh SO good

Passionate Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.