Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Brioche !


No TWD this week, way too stressed with finals. =/
But I DID try a different recipe from Dorie's book. This Brioche recipe.

After making those sticky buns, I really got inspired to try and make breads.
So I went through Dories book and found this recipe.
I'm not going to lie, it does take work, and a lonnnng waiting time(hours for rising INCLUDING the overnight fridge chill). But let me tell you...it was SO worth it!

After they're out of the oven, you have the most amazing, mouth watering smell of fresh baked bread. My kitchen smelled like a pastry shop. It was fantastic.
It was really hard to wait until the loaves finished cooling, before my family and I sliced right into them. But that first, warm bite was alllllll worth it. Sweet, flakey, and DELICIOUS!
My parents even said it was one of the best breads they'd ever tasted! And it really was.

I sliced, and toasted these and served them with dinner. But they should really be toasted with jam and butter for breakfast. Mmmm. 

I'm not going to post the recipe, cause it's way too long to type, but if you have Dories book(pretty much everyone), I highly recommend trying it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...looks good. Brioche is on my list to make.

The Food Librarian said...

Looks fantastic! They look light as air and yet so rich. Great job!

Passionate Baker said...

thanksss =]]

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

I am SO jealous! This looks so yummy!

priscilla joy said...

Hi Passionate Baker, found your blog off of Schweet and Savory. I see that you are a teen baker...so am I! And, I used to live in CA too...miss it! Your Brioche look delicious!